***Temporary Extended Timelines***
I started this business offering artisan clothing items as an alternative to fast fashion with the ability to work hand-in-hand with the sewist providing the service. As time went on, and my babies grew, I'm finding myself with a full schedule and a lot on my plate keeping up with family and life. It is my mission to offer quality services in a timely manner. Unfortunately, I am finding myself unable to meet deadlines, so I need to temporarily extend timeliness and dial back on custom orders in order to continue to offer quality service in a timely manner. In the name of slow fashion (and keeping up with my busy family) custom order timelines will be extended to 12+ months. I will do my best to complete orders sooner, but I have entered another full stage of my life, and this stage only happens once in a lifetime, so I have to honor that and step back from my business for a bit. I still welcome e-mail inquiries if you want to see if I can fit something in - I'll always do the best I can.
Much Love, Christina
Today's fashion trends are mass produced by endless fast fashion brands. Make your wardrobe stand out by working with our sewist, Christina, to design a style, choose a quality, sustainable fabric, and custom fit the item to your exact body measurements. It's not a good deal if the garment only lasts a couple wash and wears. My Lovely Muse will handcraft a beautiful garment for you that you'll be proud to wear on your body and in your wardrobe. Please contact us with inquiries and details about custom orders.
A few things about custom orders:
1. Payment is due upfront. Once we have the specifics in place including style, color, fabric, and measurements, we require payment to be sent upfront. This is because it takes time and planning to source all the materials and sewing patterns to create your custom piece.
2. Custom orders may take up to 6 weeks or more to complete. This is based on how many orders have already been placed. We will give you our best estimate for completion. Also, please keep in mind that this time frame does not start until we receive all necessary materials (including payment in full, size, and any necessary materials that may need to be ordered). Keep in mind that shipping typically takes 2-3 business days. If necessary materials are not received on time, we cannot guarantee the order will arrive on time unless you upgrade to a rush order.
3. Rush orders. If you need your custom order sooner than the given time frame, we offer a rush service. The rush order fee is $25. The closer we get to the deadline, the more the rush fee increases. If we need to work on your order before orders that were placed prior to yours because a rush order is necessary, we must charge the $25 fee.
4. Measurements. Custom orders are made based on your personal measurements. When an item is created, we ignore the letter sizing and focus on your body's measurements for a more custom and comfortable fit. Often, it is difficult to make a perfect fitting item without having you here to try on as we go, but we do our best with what we're given. Please note that the customer is responsible for any necessary alterations needed after the final item has been shipped. My Lovely Muse does not do alterations after the final item has shipped out.
5. Non-refundable. Please note that if you have an item made custom to your body's measurements, it is non-refundable if you decided that you no longer want the item.
If there is a specific fabric or print you are looking for, we are happy to look for a beautiful, sustainable fabric to match your needs; however, that may set back your completion time depending on how long it takes to order the fabric and get it shipped to us.
Please send us a photo or show us a listing of an item in the shop so that we can match the style with the fabric you are looking for in your custom piece. We will do our best to scour our sources to find exactly what you are looking for. Please keep in mind that searching for the perfect sewing pattern to match the style you are looking for in your custom piece may set back your completion time.
When you contact us to discuss your custom order, we will send you a worksheet to help you provide us with the measurements we need. Please refer to the measurement page for more help taking measurements.